There is just something about September... Glimpses of Fall begin to appear. Fall is my absolute favorite season! After the heat and humidity of an Arkansas Summer, Fall energizes me. I love the cooler mornings, the leaves changing color, and yes, everything pumpkin!
Speaking of pumpkin, I have some new products in that I am excited to try. For the fall, I am offering a special themed body treatment: the Pumpkin Body Glow and Wrap. The Glow and Wrap is a combination service that blends a body glow (a salt or sugar scrub) with a full body masque. We then "burrito wrap" you in sheets and warm blankets for some relaxation time. After this, the masque is removed with warm aromatherapy towels and we finish with a full body massage. Sounds AMAZING, right?! What a great way to cleanse, refresh, and renew your body's skin and get it ready for the drier fall and winter weather. With the new pumpkin body glow and mask, you get the added warmth of the biomat as well as some relaxation time on the table. Schedule one soon!
Also new is a really nice exfoliating body masque with Indonesian ginger. It's a wonderful, smoothing scrub that comes off nicely with warm aroma-filled towels, followed by a soothing therapeutic massage. We can use it on an area or two (like hands or feet--or both!) or we can do a full body scrub. Try it and I think you will be pleased.
Finally, I am beginning to incorporate some new tools in my massage sessions--silicone massage cups. Yes, you've seen evidence of cupping during the Olympics, but massage cupping does not leave big purple marks on you. We use them to glide over tissue, helping to encourage blood flow and circulation. Some of the benefits include:
1) Stimulates whole body relaxation response (parasympathetic response)
2) Stimulates oxygenation and detoxification of blood while promoting a feeling of lightness and relief of pressure
3) Detoxifies metabolic debris in muscle tissue, fascia, and skin
4) Increases range of motion, breaks up adhesions, and promotes healing in scar tissue and chronic injury sites
Some things cupping can help with are:
• Tight and stiff muscles
• Back pain, sciatica, piriformis syndrome, IT band pain, rotator cuff injuries, plantar fasciitis
• Respiratory conditions: asthma, bronchitis
• Emotional balance: anxiety, depression, stress, migraines
• High blood pressure by calming the nervous system
No, this is not for everyone. There are contraindications to massage cupping just like there are for any other type massage therapy. We can talk about it if you are interested.
So, if you are interested in giving massage cupping a try, just mention it next time. There is no extra charge for this service at this time, so why not?
Guess that's the news from Nature's Elements Massage for now. Everyone enjoy the arrival of Fall!